Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Writing Tablets

theguyinchina   June 5th, 2011 11:04p.m.

I live in China and my local computer market has none of the Wacom branded tablets. Will and tablet work or do I need a Wacom?

Thanks.

Also, is there any skritter for ipad?

joshwhitson13   June 5th, 2011 11:21p.m.

Skritter for Apple devices is currently in the works I believe (but with no official date of release, could be awhile).

Mandarinboy   June 6th, 2011 3:05a.m.

You can more or less use any tablet. There are differences in quality but I have a few Chinese tablets and they all work for skritter just perfectly. The only weak point on those tables have been the tip of the pen. The pen usually do not last as long as the tablet. Try to find one where you can buy a new tip for it or the whole pen. The surface on some of the tablets also tends to wear down faster than Wacom but it requires a lot of usage for that to be a problem. I use those tablet for a lot of other things besides Skritter and they work fine for that as well.

FatDragon   June 6th, 2011 4:03a.m.

Remember that these are writing tablets for computers, not tablet PC's like the iPad that we're talking about.

A brand that a number of people have mentioned is Hanvon (汉王), apparently their drawing tablets are fairly passable and inexpensive, and I've seen tons of Hanvon shops in different parts of the country.

houckchris   June 6th, 2011 4:29a.m.

I use a Kanvus and it works mostly fine

theguyinchina   June 9th, 2011 7:28a.m.

Thanks for the replies guys, ill check those brands out.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!